KSHSAA & Eligibility Information
To be eligible to participate in any interscholastic contest, a student must meet the following criteria:
1) The student shall have passed a minimum of five (5) new classes the semester prior to the beginning of the season of competition.
2) The student shall be currently enrolled in a minimum of five (5) new classes during the current season of competition.
3) The student shall be a bona fide student.
What does this mean?
1) The previous semester, the student-competitor passed a minimum of five classes during the regular course of the semester.
NOTE: Credit recovery courses, courses completed during night school, and summer school do NOT count towards eligibility, but they WILL help you graduate on time! If a student did not complete these five classes at Lawrence High School, it may be necessary for the school to complete a KSHSAA transfer form.
2) During the current semester the student-competitor is enrolled in a minimum of five classes, NONE of which are credit recovery or night school.
NOTE: For any student competitor other than an incoming freshman who did not attend Lawrence High School at the end of the previous school year, a KSHSAA transfer form may be required before participation in a KSHAA sponsored event.
**Participation with an approved KSHSAA transfer form may result in a penalty, disqualification, and/or forfeiture.
3) The student-competitor is currently a student in good standing.