Nonacademic Tests, Questionnaires, Surveys & Exams
HB 2567 Section 27
Nonacademic Tests, Questionnaires, Surveys & Exams include questions about personal and private attitudes, values and beliefs, as well as practices of the student, parents, guardians, family members, associates, friends and/or peers. Screeners and other measures that impact academic progress and instructional practice (SAEBRS, Trusted Adult Surveys, etc.) are not subject to HB 2567. When administering Nonacademic Tests, Questionnaires, Surveys & Exams, USD 497 will:
- Notify the parent in writing no more than four months before administration of the Nonacademic Tests, Questionnaires, Surveys and Exams (NTQSE).
- Include a copy of the NTQSE; describe how the parent provides written consent; provide the name of the company or entity; and explain how the data will be used.
- The parent must “opt-in” with consent in writing or electronic signature for each NTQSE.
- The student may “opt-out” of the NTQSE, and must be informed of this right.
- Post a copy of the NTQSE on the school district website (below).
Kansas Communities that Care Survey (KCTC)
The KCTC survey is conducted annually and anonymously with 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th graders across the state. The survey provides valuable insights on the health risk behaviors and opinions of students in your county, district, and schools and is used to identify and fund the programs and activities our schools and community needs. Parental consent will be administered through our PowerSchool registration system.