Find It Fast
**POP SHOW RESCHEDULED**
Due to heating concerns in the auditorium, the Pop Show is being rescheduled for Monday, March 2nd at 7:30pm.
If any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Randy Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry for any incovenience this may cause our families.
The trip meeting will still take place tonight in the cafeteria as planned as well as after the Pop show next Monday evening.
Upcoming No School Dates
March 9-13: NO School - Spring Break
March 20: NO School - End of Q3
March 23: Conferences 5-8pm
March 25: Conferences 5-8pm
March 27: NO School - Conference Week
MTRF the school day begins at 8:00am (7:00am for Period 0) and ends at 3:10pm
W the school day (late arrival/early dismiss) begins at 9:00am and ends at 2:30pm
For the complete bell schedule with lunch schedules open the link above
For the current and next year student calendar, daily annoucements, parent newsletters, and other import info see the sections below
1) A parent/guardian must call the attendance office a minimum of 2 hours prior to the requested pick up time.
2) Attendance marks are enterd by teachers directly into PowerSchool. A parent/guardian with questions about attendance need to contact the student's teacher.
3) A student who is more than 10 minutes late to class will be counted as absent, it will be unexcused.
LPS Inclement Weather Procedures
Temperature and Your Device LPS Technology Services reminds you not to leave your device in your car (even inside your garage) overnight or for any length of time. Serious damage can occur within minutes in cold or hot temperatures. Temperatures inside your car will higher than the temperature outside! If a device is inadvertently left out in cold or hot temperatures, allow at least an hour to acclimate to prevent condensation inside before you attempt to use it.
Friday, February 21st:- LHS vs FSHS Basketball @ AFH - NO Ticket Presales - Gate opens at 5:30pm - NO ACTIVITY TICKETS, STAFF ID'S, OR PASSES ACCEPTED
Monday, February 24th: DEADLINE to submit spring sports forms
Monday, March 2nd: First Day of Spring Tryouts & Practices - All required forms must be submitted to the Athletic to participate in a tryout or practice. Forms may NOT be submitted at tryouts/practices. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. All proof of insurance forms must be signed in front of a notary.
Friday, May 1: First Day to complete physicals and paperwork for 2020-2021. Paperwork signed prior to 5/1 won't be accepted for 20-21
Check the athletics page calendar for upcoming sports info meetings!
Athletics Schedules and Cancellations Information www.sunflowerleague.org
Attendance Line 785-330-4968 - Leave a Message if you get voicemail or you may email the attendance secretary at email@example.com
Minimum of two (2) hours needed to excuse students during the school day. Only parent(s)/legal guardian(s) listed in PowerSchool may excuse students
- Students may not check themselves out. Leave a message if you are connected to voicemail, it is checked consistently throughout the regular school hours
- Students are required to have a pass from the attendance office or nurses office to be released during a class and should check out through attendance located in the main office.
- Students that are ill must first check out through the Health Office. The health office line is 785-330-2704.
Report Bullying, Discrimination, and Harassment
You must use a school email address to report discrimination and harassment.In accordance with Board of Education Policy JGEC, the Lawrence Public School district is committed to providing a positive and productive learning and working environment, free from discrimination and harassment.Discrimination is conduct which affords a student different treatment, solely on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity in a manner which interferes with or limits the ability of the student to participate in or benefit from the services, activities or programs of the school.Harassment is conduct which solely on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity:
You must use a school email address to report bullying and hazing.Bullying is any act that recklessly or intentionally endangers the mental health, physical health or safety of a student or that substantially interferes with a student’s educational benefits, and that takes place on or immediately adjacent to district grounds, at any district-sponsored activity, on district-provided transportation or at any district bus stop.
- affords a student different treatment in a manner which interferes with or limits the ability of the student to participate in or benefit from the services, activities or programs of the school; or
- subjects a student to treatment which is sufficiently severe, pervasive or persistent so as to have the purpose or effect of creating a hostile environment or of interfering with a student's performance or ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities or programs of the school.
Cyberbullying means threats or harassment over Internet through web pages, email, instant messaging, text messaging, or by other electronic means.
Hazing is any act that recklessly or intentionally endangers the mental health, physical health or safety of a student for the propose of initiation or as a condition or precondition of attaining membership in, or affiliation with, any district-sponsored activity or grade level attainment.LHS says NO to Bullying and Hazing!
Student Services/Counselors Office/Transcripts
Check out the Student Services page for:
- Career/College Planning
- Enrollment/Graduation Requirements
- Schedule Changes
- Scholarship Info
- Senior Parent Information
- Testing - ACT and SAT
Welcome to Power School Access the Power School and Parent Portal LogIn Page HERE
Some parent contact information in PowerSchool is not accurate. If you need to update your information, please contact the school. If there is a change in your physical address, you will need to visit the school and provide the required proof of residency.
Although a parent account is obviously not required, it provides parents with many advantages, including real-time grades, real-time-attendance, and ways to communicate with teachers. If you need assistance creating your account, please contact Janice Dunn at 832-5000 for assistance.