Find It Fast
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Do you have ATTENDANCE questions? Is your child needing to leave school early? Please note, Free State does not have an intercom system that reaches individual classrooms. Teachers are not always able to answer phone calls, or their phone is in a different area from where the class meets. Remember the caller must be Parent/Guardian. An Emergency contact can pick up, but not excuse a student. Please see that the following procedures are done when your child(ren) must be released from school.
Call: 785-330-2503 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 hours prior to their departure. If you get Voicemail, please leave a message. This time window will ensure an appropriate pass is sent to the classroom.
Are they not feeling well? They should go to the Nurse in Room 206. She will contact you. It is easier to release them from school from her office and less disruptive to classrooms.
Last minute appointments are rare, but do happen. Please contact the attendance office as soon as you schedule an appointment. Teachers will not release your child from a text on their phone. They rely on the office to notify them that a student is approved to leave class.
With the colder weather coming, we wanted you to know if you follow these procedures, you can wait in your warm vehicle and we can send your child to you. You do not have to come into the office to check them out. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Finals Reminder: Students are not allowed to leave classrooms once the final as started and passes will not be sent during finals so please plan appointments accordingly.
- Local Scholarship applications will be made available to students starting on January 18. Scholarship descriptions and applications will be located on the Free State website, under the Student Services tab. If you would like to look at last year’s info, you can visit here: https://www.usd497.org/
Page/7015, but please know that this information will likely change by January 18. The deadline for scholarship applications to be turned in will be February 17. More information will be coming in January.
- Free State will NOT have Block Scheduling the following weeks:
- December 16-20
- January 8-10
- May 18-21
- *Schedules may still change due to weather or other unforseen circumstances.
- 2019 Graduates can pick up their diplomas from the office
- They must be picked up by the graduate or a parent/guardian