Find It Fast
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Do you have ATTENDANCE questions? Is your child needing to leave school early? Please note, Free State does not have an intercom system that reaches individual classrooms. Teachers are not always able to answer phone calls, or their phone is in a different area from where the class meets. Remember the caller must be Parent/Guardian. An Emergency contact can pick up, but not excuse a student. Please see that the following procedures are done when your child(ren) must be released from school.
Call: 785-330-2503 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 hours prior to their departure. If you get Voicemail, please leave a message. This time window will ensure an appropriate pass is sent to the classroom.
Are they not feeling well? They should go to the Nurse in Room 206. She will contact you. It is easier to release them from school from her office and less disruptive to classrooms.
Last minute appointments are rare, but do happen. Please contact the attendance office as soon as you schedule an appointment. Teachers will not release your child from a text on their phone. They rely on the office to notify them that a student is approved to leave class.
With the colder weather coming, we wanted you to know if you follow these procedures, you can wait in your warm vehicle and we can send your child to you. You do not have to come into the office to check them out. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Encore 2020 is a student-led night of wonderful singing, dancing, and entertainment! Encore runs March 19 - March 21, with shows beginning at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10. Reserved seating tickets can be purchased at the Free State Finance Office, and General Admission seating tickets can be purchased from Dillon's (6th and Wakarusa location only).
- Incoming Freshmen PowerPoint Click HERE
- Returning Firebirds Enrollment PowerPoint Click HERE
- Homework Help Spring 2020 Weekly Schedule Click HERE
- Free State will NOT have Block Scheduling the following weeks:
- December 16-20
- January 8-10
- May 18-21
- *Schedules may still change due to weather or other unforseen circumstances.
- 2019 Graduates can pick up their diplomas from the office
- They must be picked up by the graduate or a parent/guardian