Phone: 7858325050 4644
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Education: Health and Physical Education K-12: University of Kansas Family and Consumer Science Endorsement (6-12)
Mrs. Emily Hess
I'm excited to begin another year at Langston Hughes Elementary.
The Langston Hughes PE mission is to provide a safe, inclusive, positive environment for physical activity. Students should feel confident to participate, try new things and enjoy being physically active with their peers. My goal as an educator is to be a safe place and a positive role model for all students. I hope to help instill healthy habits that last a lifetime-mentally, emotionally, socially and physically.
Students will be exposed to a wide variety of activities that encompass the 5 standards of a physically literate individual:
1. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns
2. Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
5. Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and or social interaction.
Please check out the Langston Hughes PE Website where you will find more information about our program and the frequently updated NEWSLETTER.