2021-2022 Bobcat Marathon Monday Club
The Prairie Park Marathon Club is an after-school fitness program for students (kindergarten through 5th grade) who wish to walk or run weekly for health and fitness.
Students participating in the Marathon Club are going the distance to reach their ultimate goal – run, walk, or jog a total of 26.2 miles before the school year is up! This program is a great way for your child to have fun while also learning about the importance and benefits of staying fit. Club miles are not cumulative. We start fresh each school year. Miles will be posted for students to see their progress each week.
Marathon club will meet on Mondays (**weather permitting) from 3:10-4:00.
** Weather permitting means we will have Marathon Club if the outside temperature is over 50 degrees, there is no inclement weather (rain, snow, lightning, heat advisory) in the area, and the course isn’t muddy from the weather. Please make sure your student is in the appropriate shoes and clothing on club days. NO SANDALS, SLIDES, OR FLIP FLOPS
***We will also be forced to cancel if we do not have enough volunteers available to help keep the club safe.
If the club is canceled, you will be notified by school messenger with the phone and email provided in Powerschool by 2:00 PM on Monday.
2021-2022 tentative club dates:
Fall - (SIGN UPS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 10)
September – 13, 20, 27
October –4, 11, 18
November – 1, 8, 15
Spring - (SIGN UPS WILL OPEN AGAIN IN EARLY MARCH)
March - 21, 28
April - 4, 11, 25
May - 2, 9, 16
If you have questions or would like to volunteer please contact Stacie Jackson at 330-1807 or email@example.com
MARATHON CLUB RULES –
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW WITH YOUR STUDENTS – If your student fails to follow these rules they will be written up and may not be allowed to be part of the Marathon Club.
To make sure Marathon Club is a safe and fun activity I will follow these rules:
- I will wear appropriate footwear and clothing suited for running AND bring a water bottle.
- I will come outside for club after school walking on the pathways and sit down in my designated space.
- I will listen to Marathon Club leaders the entire time and follow directions the first time.
- I will respect my fellow club members by keeping my hands & feet to myself and give them space to run.
- I will use kind words and I will NOT use inappropriate language.
- I will respect the school grounds and Marathon Club materials.
- I will stay on the course the whole time - not cutting through grass or stepping onto traffic areas.
- I will walk/jog walk or jog the entire time I am in Marathon Club & HAVE FUN!