Annual Student 2020-2021 Student Registration for returning students Due by May 15th:
Instead of asking families to complete multiple paper forms, the Lawrence Public Schools uses online Annual Student Registration. This process, which is separate from student course enrollment, is required for all students, except 2020 seniors. Registration enables families to indicate whether your student(s) will return to the district next year, verify family contact information, update student health information, consider consent for field trips and surveys, and review and acknowledge receipt of required annual parent notices.
Please complete registration for each of your students, except 2020 seniors, by May 15. Once you complete the online form for your first student, the form will pre-populate information for each subsequent student for your review and any necessary changes. Find simple instructions for completing the steps outlined below at www.usd497.org/PowerSchool.
1) Create your PowerSchool parent/guardian portal account. (If you already have an account, please skip to Step 3)
2) Connect your student(s) to your account by using the student access code(s) and password(s) provided by your school. (If you misplaced or did not receive them, please contact your child's school or send an email with your children's names to PSTech@usd497.org to request access codes and passwords.
3) Complete 2020-2021 Annual Student Registration in PowerSchool. Find detailed instructions here: https://tinyurl.com/
NOTE: Have a Parent PowerSchool Account but need to connect another child?
- Parents will need their student’s Access IDs in order to add their student to their parent account - Please get this from your school's Administrative Assistant
- Then Log into your parent powerschool account: classroom.powerschool.com
- Select ‘Quick Links’
- Select ‘Portal Login Page’
- Select ‘Account Preferences’
- Select the ‘Students’ tab, and click ‘Add’
- Insert the student’s information, selection the relationship type and submit.
NEW THIS YEAR! Emergency Text Messages: During registration, we will collect cell phone contacts for parents/guardians and high school students who want to receive emergency text notifications from our schools and the district. Within 3-7 days of completing your registration, the cell phone numbers you provided should receive this text: "You're registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply. Msg. freq. varies. schoolmessenger.com/txt." Find more information at www.usd497.org/
EmergencyTexts. Please contact your personal cell phone provider about message and data rates. (See the attached flyer.)