Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Social Studies Comprehensive Secondary Education Master's of Science in School Leadership
Miss Amanda Faunce
In my second year as a member of the Free State family, my goals as a Firebird are as follows -
- To provide all students with a rigorous academic education, in all subject areas, that will prepare them to be successful in all post-secondary endeavors. Furthermore, I believe that my role in the educational process is to provide opportunities for all students to achieve their academic potential, to create a learning environment in which individual motivation for learning is the incentive for achievement, and to lead by example the principles of successful citizens.
- To showcase the talented and diverse staff and student body with a commitment to educational excellence for every student, where world-class education is taught in every classroom, every day, to ensure that students are Learning Forward, Future Ready!
- To empower staff members within a system of support that promotes professional development within an environment built upon teamwork and collaboration. To provide parents and family members with the opportunity and encouragement to take an active role in the educational experience of their student.
- To continue to the strong traditions of the Free State Firebirds and enhance all that the Firebirds Athletic Department has to offer student-athletes, families, staff, and the Lawrence community.
- To provide leadership opportunities to student-athletes that focus on character development and giving back to the community as members of the S.A.L.T. of the Firebirds.
My personal interests include spending time with family, including my dogs Gunner and Manning, spending time in the mountains of Colorado, and working on (what seems to be never-ending) my doctoral dissertation.
Let's Go State!