Marathon Club - On hiatus until SPRING 2021PDF VERSION - HERE
The Kennedy Marathon Club is a fitness program for students (kindergarten through 5th grade) who wish to walk or run weekly for health and fitness.
Students participating in the Kennedy Marathon Club are going the distance to reach their ultimate goal – run, walk, or jog a total of 26.2 miles before the school year is up! This program is a great way for your child to have fun while also learning about the importance and benefits of staying fit.
Prizes will be given (mailed or delivered) to students when they achieve goals of 5 miles, 10 miles, 13.1 miles, and 26.2 miles
For the fall session of Marathon Club, parents can have their students participate in marathon club “virtually”! There are 2 ways to track and submit student “miles”.
- Using a fitness tracker or phone app to track exact miles.
- Send Mrs. Jackson an email OR submit the google form found here - Google Marathon Club Log with a report of how many ACTUAL miles a student walked, jogged, or ran - maximum time per week will be 40 minutes with a maximum distance of 2 miles recorded.
- Use the amount of time exercised
- Send Mrs. Jackson an email OR submit the google form found at https://forms.gle/9UmAgMCDwciRu7TL8 with the amount of time your student walked, jogged, or ran and the distance for the week will be recorded. Miles/time must be submitted by the weekly due date. NO LATE MILES ACCEPTED!
- 20 minutes = 1 mile
- 30 minutes = 1.5 mile
- 40 minutes = 2 miles (maximum weekly miles)
- 2020 Fall club running times/reporting deadlines:
Walking, running, jogging week of:
NO LATE MILES ACCEPTED! Email or submit google form with miles/time to smjackso@usd497 due by:
September 28-October 2
MARATHON CLUB RULES –PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW WITH YOUR STUDENTS To make sure Kennedy Marathon Club is a safe and fun activity I will follow these rules:
- I will run, walk, and jog in a safe place and make sure an adult is with me or knows where I am.
- I will be honest about my time and mileage.
- I will wear appropriate footwear and clothing suited for the activity.
Our hope is that we can have “in-person” Marathon club in the spring and parents/guardians will be required to sign a physical consent form in order for students to participate. In the virtual season, the parent/guardian submitting the information to Mrs. Jackson serves as consent for their student to be part of virtual club.
When Mrs. Jackson receives a student’s miles/time a profile will be created in Stride Track for the student. You will be sent access information to see their progress in the Stride Track system.
If you have questions please contact Stacie Jackson, Communities in Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org