Boundary Advisory Committee
- The school board has not reconvened the Boundary Advisory Committee.
The Lawrence Board of Education charges its Boundary Advisory Committee (BAC) “to monitor district population shifts and school boundaries and recommend changes to the board” and “to ensure that equity, district growth, budget, and transportation are considered in boundary changes.”
According to the BAC Guidelines, each community at-large member will serve a two-year term and be eligible for reappointment for an additional two-year term.
On October 25, 2021, the Lawrence Board of Education approved the Boundary Advisory Committee Membership.Current Boundary Committee Members:• Dr. Larry Englebrick, Interim Chief Operations Officer
• Board Members: Erica Hill and Kay Emerson
• Executive Director of Human Resources: Samrie Devin• Director of Human Resources & Transportation: Ron May• LEA representatives: Lindsay Buck and Melinda NicklesPAL-CWA representative: Ashley Eicholtz• Elementary Building Leadership: Chalita Middleton (Prairie Park Elementary)Elementary Building Leadership: Melissa Blevins (Sunflower Elementary)• Middle School Building Leadership: Carissa Miles (Southwest Middle School)• High School Building Leadership: Amy McAnarney (FSHS) and Quentin Rials (LHS)• City of Lawrence- Planning and Development: Amy Miller (Assistant PDS Director)
• First Student Transportation: Eric Ahlander (Manager)• Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence: Monica Dittmer (Exec Director)
• Community-at-large representatives: Alneata Barrett, Patrick Brown, Nikki Perry, Arika Sprecker, and GR Gordon-Ross2021-2022 Meeting Dates/TimesNovember 18, 2021, 4-5:30pm - Board Room - Educational Support CenterDecember 8, 2021, 4-5:30pm - Board Room - Educational Support CenterJanuary 12, 2022, 4-5:30pm - Board Room - Educational Support CenterJanuary 19, 2022, 4-5pm - Board Room - Educational Support Center *live streamed on USD497 YouTube siteJanuary 26, 2022, 4-6pm - Board Room - Educational Support Center *live streamed on USD497 YouTube siteFebruary 16, 2022, 4-5:30pm - Board Room - Educational Support CenterMarch 2, 2022, 4-5:30pm - Board Room - Educational Support CenterMay 18, 2022 4-5pm - Board Room - Educational Support Center *combination meeting with BPEC