Individual Plans of Study
As students navigate through high school and into career and college, it is imperative that students set educational goals and create a roadmap for success in high school and beyond. This roadmap, or individual plan of study, includes development of a flexible career focus and an education plan that is clearly-defined, rigorous, and relevant to assure a successful and efficient transition to postsecondary education and/or the workforce.
The Lawrence Public Schools provide a plan of study for traditional high school, as well as nine areas of study.
- Traditional High School
- Animal Plant and Environmental Systems
- Arts and Media
- Business, Finance, Marketing and Management
- Design, Production, and Repair
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Science and Biotechnology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human and Public Services
- Liberal Arts/World Language/Early College
Students should develop their individual plan of study within Career Cruising, an online educational planning tool that allows students to select high school courses based on their interests.All students in grades 6-12 have an account. To sign in and visit the website go to: www.careercruising.com/login/497