middle school student at locker
  • How do I Request Copies of Public Records?

    Posted by:

    Requests for public information may be submitted to the custodian of the records you wish to access.

    For Lawrence Board of Education records, please contact Alyse Donnell, board clerk and executive administrative assistant to the superintendent.

    For district financial records, please contact Kathy Johnson, executive director of finance.

    For district personnel records, please contact Samrie Devin, executive director of human resources.

    For student records, please contact the school principal.

    For all media inquiries or requests for general school district information, please contact Julie Boyle, executive director of communications and the district's freedom of information officer.


    Comments (-1)
  • How do I Resolve a School Concern?

    Posted by:
    If you have a school concern, please share it first with your child's teacher and/or school principal. Often times, challenges can best be resolved at the classroom or school level, where the staff is directly involved with the issue.
    If the concern isn't resolved to your satisfaction, please call the school district office and ask to speak to the director of elementary or secondary schools, as is appropriate for your child's school level.
    If the issue persists, please make an appointment with the superintendent by calling 785/832-5000.
    Formal complaints may be filed with the Human Resources Office for timely and thorough investigation.
    Comments (-1)
  • How do I Request the use of a School Facility?

    Posted by:

    All requests for the use of school facilities may be completed in writing by obtaining a form from the school, the school district office, or the facilities and operations office.

    Comments (-1)
  • How do I Nominate a Teacher for an Award?

    Posted by:

    Lawrence Public Schools invites parents, students, and community members to nominate teachers for the district's staff recognition program. Simply send an email or letter of recommendation to Julie Boyle, executive director of communications, at 110 McDonald Drive, Lawrence, KS 66044.

    The district sponsors the Lawrence Master Teacher Award, Lawrence Elementary and Secondary Teachers of the Year Awards, Class Act Awards for classified support staff, and Elementary and Secondary Principal of the Year Awards.

    In addition, each school and support site hosts regular recognition of teachers and support staff. You may use these online nomination forms to recognize deserving staff.

    Thank you for helping us to honor some of our many outstanding teachers and staff!

    Comments (-1)