BOARD OF EDUCATIONAGENDAAugust 8, 2016The Board of Education of Lawrence Public Schools, USD 497, will meet in the Interactive Technology Center (First Floor) of the Educational Support & Distribution Center, 110 McDonald Drive, Lawrence, Kansas, at 4:30 p.m.Board Goal-Setting Work Session -- 4:30-6:45 p.m.
Call to Order Budget Hearing -- 7 p.m.Call to Order Regular Meeting -- Immediately following Budget HearingApproval of AgendaRecognition of AudienceCONSENT AGENDA (ITEMS MARKED WITH *)Consent Agenda items are those that are considered routine and are adopted by one motion, unless any Board Member or the Superintendent requests that an item be removed. The item/items removed are voted on separately.Motion: "I move the Board of Education adopt the items listed on the Consent Agenda."Approvals*
- Purchase & Installation of Playground Equipment -- Schwegler
- Purchase of Restroom Mirrors -- Broken Arrow, Prairie Park, Quail Run, Sunflower
- Installation of Fire Doors -- Broken Arrow/South Cafeteria
- Moving Services Agreement -- District
- Annual Letter of Agreement w/ Bert Nash Mental Health Center
- Annual Renewal of Online Subscriptions
- Board Policy Committee Recommendation -- Final Action
- Final Motion & Resolution for Non-Renewal of Certified Staff
- Change to Purchase of Kitchen Equipment -- Free State, Lawrence High
Report of President of Board of EducationReport of Superintendent of SchoolsBoard CommentaryReportsResults of Patron Insight District Climate Survey (Patron Insight District Climate Survey) (PowerPoint)-- Kyle Hayden, superintendentMaster Plan for Facilities & Operations/Warehouse (Master Plan for F&O/Warehouse PowerPoint)-- Tony Barron, executive director, facilities & operationsReports and Approval-- Kathy Johnson, director, financeAdjournment
Future Agenda ItemsReport: Classified Compensation StudyApproval: Property Exchange with Douglas County
AnnouncementsAugust 11 -- Discover Bert Nash Tour, Bert Nash Facility -- 12 noon-1 p.m.August 12 -- All-Staff Back-to-School Kickoff, Free State -- 8 a.m.August 13 -- ConfabuLarryum, Free State -- 9 a.m.-2 p.m.September 12 -- Regular Board Meeting, ESDC -- 7 p.m.September 15 -- Finance Advisory Council Meeting, ESDC -- 4 p.m.