If Java is not loading, then it may require permission to run on Quia. The latest updates to Java now require that it specifically be enabled on your computer before it will run successfully.
To enable Java on your computer, please follow these steps:
1) Go here: http://www.java.com/getjava
2) Click the button to download and install Java.
3) Follow the prompts to install Java on your computer.
4) Close your browser entirely by pressing Alt+F4
5) Open your browser again.
6) Go here: http://www.quia.com/help/tech/applets.html
7) Click "Inactive plugin." If you do not see a message saying "Inactive plugin" proceed to step 8.
8) Follow the prompts to allow Java to run, or to check the box stating that you understand the risk.
From now on, Java-based activities on Quia will run smoothly on your computer.