Marathon Club - SPRING 2021PDF VERSION - HERE
The Kennedy Marathon Club is a fitness program for students (kindergarten through 5th grade) who wish to walk or run weekly for health and fitness.
Students participating in the Kennedy Marathon Club are going the distance to reach their ultimate goal – run, walk, or jog a total of 26.2 miles before the school year is up! This program is a great way for your child to have fun while also learning about the importance and benefits of staying fit.
Prizes will be given (mailed or delivered) to students when they achieve goals of 5 miles, 10 miles, 13.1 miles, and 26.2 miles
For the Spring session of Marathon Club, parents can have their students participate in marathon club “virtually”! There are 2 ways to track and submit student “miles”.
- Using a fitness tracker or phone app to track exact miles.
- Send Mrs. Jackson an email OR submit the google form found here - Google Marathon Club Log with a report of how many ACTUAL miles a student walked, jogged, or ran - maximum time per week will be 40 minutes with a maximum distance of 2 miles recorded. No late miles accepted.
- Use the amount of time exercised
- Send Mrs. Jackson an email OR submit the google form found at https://forms.gle/9UmAgMCDwciRu7TL8 with the amount of time your student walked, jogged, or ran and the distance for the week will be recorded. Miles/time must be submitted by the weekly due date. NO LATE MILES ACCEPTED!
- 20 minutes = 1 mile
- 30 minutes = 1.5 mile
- 40 minutes = 2 miles (maximum weekly miles)
- 2021 Spring club running times/reporting deadlines:
Walking, running, jogging week of:
NO LATE MILES ACCEPTED! Email or submit google form with miles/time to smjackso@usd497 due by:
March 29-April 2
April 5-April 9
April 12-April 16
April 19-April 23
April 26-April 30
May 3-May 7
May 10-May 14
MARATHON CLUB RULES –PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW WITH YOUR STUDENTS To make sure Kennedy Marathon Club is a safe and fun activity I will follow these rules:
- I will run, walk, and jog in a safe place and make sure an adult is with me or knows where I am.
- I will be honest about my time and mileage.
- I will wear appropriate footwear and clothing suited for the activity.
If you have questions please contact Stacie Jackson, Communities in Schools at email@example.com