Early Childhood Remote/Hybrid Plan
Lawrence Public Schools Early Childhood programs, which serve children from birth to age five, will transition to a hybrid model of learning in phases. Our full hybrid schedule will be in place by November 9.
Through a survey, early childhood families chose to participate in either 100% remote or the hybrid format. Children whose families selected 100% remote will participate in classes with other remote-only students on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, according to the school calendar.
Children whose families selected the hybrid format will attend as follows:
- Pre-K Readiness hybrid classrooms will follow an AB/AB schedule. “A” days are in-person and “B” days are remote. Classroom attendance hours on “A” days are 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) hybrid two-day classrooms will attend for half-days two days per week: one half-day in-person and one half-day remote (either 8-11 a.m. or 12-3 p.m.).
- ECSE hybrid four-day classrooms will attend half-days four days per week: two half-days in-person and two half-days remote (either 8-11 a.m. or 12-3 p.m.).
- Students receiving "by appointment" ECSE services will remain in remote instruction. Opportunities for in-person services will be determined by the IEP Team.
- Students receiving "community" ECSE services will remain remote at this time.
- Students and families receiving tiny-k early intervention services will remain remote with opportunities for in-person services to be determined by the IFSP Team.
- Parents As Teachers services and supports will remain remote at this time.
Parents of our 3-5 year-olds with classroom services who chose the hybrid model will receive information regarding specific days and times, teacher assignments, and an opportunity for an on-site "meet and greet."
Additionally, families will be provided with guidelines for all in-person safety practices in an Early Childhood Hybrid Plan.