Fall Sports Schedule and Spectator Guidelines
Billy Mills Middle School Spectator Guidelines | Fall 2020
To ensure the safety of all attendees, Billy Mills Middle School, following the Douglas County Health Department’s COVID-19 Protocol, asks that you please abide by the guidelines below if/when attending a home event this Fall.
- Do not attend an event if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Do not attend an event if you have been in close proximity to someone who has COVID-19.
- Do not attend an event if you or a family member are considered “high-risk.”
- Temperature Checks
- For OUTDOOR EVENTS: conduct a personal temperature check prior to arriving at the event.
- If you have a temperature of 100.0* or higher, do not attend the event.
- For INDOOR EVENTS, facial scan temperature checks for student-athletes, coaches, officials,and spectators will be required for entrance.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.0* or higher will be asked to leave campus immediately.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while on campus by student-athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- 10’ distancing is required for members outside of spectators’ immediate family.
- Spectators are permitted and encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- Bring only essential items to an event and use hand sanitizer frequently.
- The only personnel who will be allowed on the field or courtside are those who have clearance from the BMMS Athletic Department.
- At the conclusion of the event, you are required to exit the facility immediately and refrain from large-group interaction.
- Gates/Doors will open for spectators 15 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Student sections are not permissible.
- In order to attend a Football and/or Volleyball event, each student-athlete and coach will be required to provide the names of two spectators (please note these should be family members) to be recorded on a pass gate list.
- Upon arrival at the gate, spectators will check-in by providing the name of the person they are there to support. Only the two family members on the pass gate list will be allowed to attend.
- We do not have a pass gate for Girls Tennis events, however, we are still asking that spectators are limited to two family members.
- Cross Country spectators will have a designated watch area.
- Spectators will not be permitted at the start or finish lines.
- Spectators will not be permitted along the course.
- Per the Douglas County Health Department, concession stands are closed until further notice.
- It is the expectation that all BMMS student-athletes, coaches, and spectators abide by the Spectator Guidelines as published by the opposing team at a minimum. BMMS reserves the right to enact stricter guidelines than the opposing team.
We are working very hard to provide our student-athletes, coaches, and spectators with the opportunity to participate in the Fall Sports season. In order for this to continue, we ask for your diligent cooperation of the outlined guidelines. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. GO Cougars!