- How can I connect to WiFi?
- What if I have password problems?
- How do I connect to a printer?
- How do I clear my web browser's cache?
- How do I install or update apps?
- How can I turn on dictation?
How can I connect to WiFi?
Your iPad should automatically connect to either the LPS or LPS-Data network while you're at school. If your iPad will not connect to either wireless network take your device to the library.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap the name of the secure Wi-Fi network you want to join.
- If prompted enter the password for the secure Wi-Fi network, then tap Join. If you can't tap Join, the password you've entered is incorrect.
What if I have password problems?
If your username and password don't work please contact your school's Support Technician or call the Help Desk at ext. 4357 (HELP).
How do I connect to a printer?
At this time district iPads cannot connect to printers.
How do I clear my web browser's cache?
Here's how to clear information from your device:
- To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
- To visit sites without leaving a history, turn private browsing on or off.
When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time.
How do I install or update apps?
You can download and update apps for your iPad using the "Manager" app. Student iPads do not have access to the App Store.
- To update an app in Manager just download the app again and the update will install automatically.
How can I turn on voice dictation?
You can use dictation instead of the keyboard in many of the apps on your iPad.
To enter text, tap the microphone icon on your keyboard, then start speaking. As you speak, the text appears on the screen. To finish, stop speaking, then tap the keyboard icon.
If dictation isn’t sure what word it heard, you'll see a blue line under the transcribed word so you can check it for accuracy. To make corrections, tap the underlined word, then select the correct spelling. To replace a word, double-tap it, tap , then say it again, and tap .
To replace a section, select what you want to replace, then tap the icon and speak again. To add more text, tap where you want to add new text, tap the icon, then speak again.