BOARD OF EDUCATIONAGENDAOctober 8, 2018The Board of Education of Lawrence Public Schools, USD 497, will meet in the Interactive Technology Center (First Floor) of the Educational Support & Distribution Center, 110 McDonald Drive, Lawrence, Kansas, at 7:00 p.m.Call to Order -7:00 p.m.Approval of AgendaSpecial RecognitionUSD 497 Gold-Level Breastfeeding Employee Support Award
Presented by Denise L. Johnson, USD 497 assistant director of health and wellness; Brenda Bandy, Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition, and Cary Allen, Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
Report of President of Board of Education
Report of Superintendent of Schools
CONSENT AGENDA (ITEMS MARKED WITH *)
Consent agenda items are those that are considered routine and are adopted by one motion unless any Board Member or the Superintendent requests that an item be removed. The item/items removed are voted on separately.
Motion: “I move the Board of Education adopt the items listed on the Consent Agenda.”
September 24, 2018 - Regular Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Land Transfer from USD #464 Tonganoxie Public Schools to USD #497
- RTU Replacement – New York and Kennedy
- Board Policy Committee Recommendations - DFK, KH, JL
- Board Policy Committee Recommendations - GAJ
- Board Policy Committee Recommendation - Modify Statute References
--Terry McEwen, director, assessment research and accountability
--Jerri Kemble, assistant superintendent, leading learning and technology
Future Agenda Items
- October 22, 2018 Regular Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
- November 12, 2018 Regular Board Meeting, 7 p.m.