BOARD OF EDUCATIONAGENDASeptember 10, 2018The Board of Education of Lawrence Public Schools, USD 497, will meet in the Interactive Technology Center (First Floor) of the Educational Support & Distribution Center, 110 McDonald Drive, Lawrence, Kansas, at 7:00 p.m.Call to Order -7:00 p.m.Approval of AgendaReport of President of Board of Education
Report of Superintendent of Schools
CONSENT AGENDA (ITEMS MARKED WITH *)
Consent agenda items are those that are considered routine and are adopted by one motion unless any Board Member or the Superintendent requests that an item be removed. The item/items removed are voted on separately.
Motion: “I move the Board of Education adopt the items listed on the Consent Agenda.”
- Approval of Resolution - Resolution authorizing 2nd Sale of 2017 Bonds, series 2018-A --(Resolution)
- Fiduciary Agreement for Financial Advisor 2017 Bonds, series 2018-A --(Agreement)
- Legal Services for 2nd Sale of 2017 Bonds, series 2018-A
- 2017 Bond Project - Notifier Fire Alarm System - Tech Electronics - Boys & Girls Club $32,850.
- Approval of Additional Culinary Kitchen Equipment - College & Career Center
- Purchase of Copy Paper for 2018-19 School Year
- Furniture – Facilities & Operations – BA Designs
- Fuel Education Curriculum Purchase
- Custodial Services - Nissen Services $93,701
--Vicki Collie-Akers, associate director, health promotion research at KU
--Denise Johnson, assistant director, health and wellness
Executive Session - Negotiations
Future Agenda Items
- September 24, 2018 Regular Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
- October 8, 2018 Regular Board Meeting, 7 p.m.