New Student Registration
The links on this page are for NEW students or students returning to the district who are not currently enrolled and attending our district. Please note that only legal parents/guardians may register a student. Registration Questions? Call us at 785-330-1921.
To register a NEW student, start by selecting the button below for the appropriate school year. Then follow the directions under Step 2.
Once you have completed the online registration, email the required documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them by the Enrollment Office located at 110 McDonald Dr. Lawrence, KS.
- New Kindergarten families, please register and provide the required documents by April 4th, 2024 to your student's school office. You may call 785-330-1921 if you are unsure of your child's elementary school boundary or simply enter your address on this interactive elementary boundary map. Children who reach age 5 on or before Aug 31, 2024, are eligible for kindergarten registration for the 2024-2025 School Year.
- Early childhood and Lawrence Virtual School (LVS) applicants will wait to supply the documents below until prompted during the application process. Please continue to check your email for directions.
- Certified Birth Certificate (For kdg and 1st grade students attending public school for the first time, you must present an original certified Birth Certificate in person.)
- Proof of Residency- Accepted forms: current utility statement - water/gas/or electric, current car registration, or a new lease agreement. If purchasing a home - the Settlement Statement from closing. (We cannot accept: phone, cable, or other miscellaneous bills or tax and mortgage statements.) If you do not have these documents in your name, contact us at 785-330-1921.
- Current Immunizations
- Health Assessment (If entering a Kansas school for the first time between the ages of 4-9, performed by a physician/health care provider and dated within one year prior to school entry.)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID To match the parent name on the birth certificate or the name on the guardianship paperwork.
- Guardianship papers If applicable.
Next, for children of families that are culturally &/or linguistically diverse, email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for your student to complete the state-mandated required screening.
See below for more information about other Lawrence Public School programs:
Kindergarten Registration Information: Children who reach age 5 on or before Aug 31, 2024, are eligible for kindergarten registration for the 2024-2025 School Year. Please select the blue button above and complete the on-line registration form. Next, turn in the required documents listed under Step 2 to your school office by April 4th. Once your student's registration is complete, you will receive an invitation to a Kindergarten Orientation session being held on April 17, 2024. If you are not sure which school your student will attend, call 785-330-1921 or simply enter your address in this interactive elementary boundary map.
Interested in our Early Childhood Program? Please click here for information about the program and qualifications prior to applying above. Please complete an application for the 2024-2025 school year by selecting the blue button above.
Interested in the Lawrence Virtual School Program? Please click here for information about the program and qualifications for future applications. As of January 19, 2024 at 4:00pm, Lawrence Virtual School is no longer accepting applications for the spring semester 2023-2024. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year is now open. Please select the blue button above to start.
Montessori education at New York Elementary School: In 2022-2023, Lawrence Public Schools opened Kansas' first public Montessori school and began a phased approach to offering Montessori education tuition-free to qualifying families at New York Elementary School. For the 2024-2025 school year, Montessori programs will include students in Preschool, Kindergarten,and 1st and 2nd grades. Priority is given to students who live in the New York Elementary boundary. To complete an application, select the blue 24-25 New Student Registration button above.
For families interested in the K/1st/2nd grade Montessori programs who reside outside the New York Elementary boundary, please submit a transfer request form for consideration. Please note that space is limited.
Learn more about the STEAM program at Liberty Memorial Central Middle School, beginning in 2024-2025 and open to any student in grades 6, 7, and 8.
Elementary Supply List (Secondary schools and teachers will share requested supplies for students to bring to classes.)
110 McDonald Drive . Lawrence, KS 66044 . 785-330-1921 . FX:785-596-6548 . firstname.lastname@example.org