New Student Registration
The links on this page are for NEW students or students who left and are now returning to the district and are not currently enrolled and attending in our district. Please note that only legal parents/guardians may register a student. Registration Questions? Call us at 785-330-1921.
To register NEW student(s) for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year, please click the button below. Once you complete the online form, follow the directions under Step 2 of this page.
Kindergarten Registration Information: Children who turn 5 years old by August 31, 2023 may enroll for kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year.
Interested in our Early Childhood Program? Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now being accepted. Please click here for information about the program and qualifications prior to applying above.
Interested in the Lawrence Virtual School Program? Please click here for information about the program and qualifications for future applications. Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is now open.
USD 497 Classified Staff - Early Childhood Benefit Enrollment for 3 & 4 year old children: Instructions. Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now being accepted.
Montessori education at New York Elementary School: In 2022-2023, Lawrence Public Schools began a phased approach to offering a free, public Montessori education at New York Elementary School. Next fall, 2023-2024 school year, Montessori programs will include Pre-School, Kindergarten and 1st grades. Priority is given to students who live in the New York Elementary boundary. For families interested in the Kdg/1st gr Montessori programs and reside outside of the New York Elementary Boundary, please submit a transfer request form for consideration. Please note that space is limited. The transfer request form for the 2023-2024 school year will be available in April, once the new boundaries have been set.
Once you have completed the online registration, email the required documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 785-596-6548 or bring them to the Enrollment Office located at 110 McDonald Dr.
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registrations: Please provide the required documents listed below directly to your child's elementary school office. Once they have received all required documents, your school will send you an invitation to attend a Kindergarten Orientation which will be held in the spring.
NOTE: Early childhood and Lawrence Virtual School (LVS) applicants will wait to supply the documents below until prompted during the application process. Please continue to check your email for directions.
- Certified Birth Certificate (For kdg and 1st grade students attending public school for the first time, you must present an original certified Birth Certificate in person.)
- Proof of Residency- Accepted forms: current utility statement - water/gas/or electric, current car registration, or a new lease agreement. If purchasing a home - the Settlement Statement from closing. (We cannot accept: phone, cable, or other miscellaneous bills or tax and mortgage statements.) If you do not have these documents in your name, contact us at 785-330-1921.
- Current Immunizations
- Health Assessment (If entering a Kansas school for the first time between the ages of 4-9, performed by a physician/health care provider and dated within one year prior to school entry.)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID To match the parent name on the birth certificate or the name on the guardianship paperwork.
- Guardianship papers If applicable.
Next, for children of families that are culturally &/or linguistically diverse, email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for your student to complete the state-mandated required screening.
Elementary Supply List (Secondary schools and teachers will share requested supplies for students to bring to classes.)
Bus/Transportation Enrollment Form and Bus Routes
Free & Reduced-Price Lunch Application and School Fee Information
Required Immunizations and Health Services Information
110 McDonald Drive . Lawrence, KS 66044 . 785-330-1921 . firstname.lastname@example.org