New Student Registration
The links on this page are for NEW students or students who left and are now returning to the district and are not currently enrolled and attending in our district.
Kindergarten Registration Information: Lawrence elementary schools invite families of children who turned 5 by August 31, 2022 to enroll for kindergarten by clicking the "register now" button above.
Interested in our Early Childhood Program? All Pre-K slots have been filled for the 22-23 school year and your student will be put on a waitlist. Peer Model applicants will still be reviewed. Please click here for information about the program and qualifications prior to applying above.
Interested in the Lawrence Virtual School Program? REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR. Please click here for information about the program and qualifications for future applications.
USD 497 Classified Staff - Early Childhood Benefit Enrollment for 3 & 4 year old children: Instructions
Montessori education at New York Elementary School: (These programs are full for the 2022-2023 school year.) Lawrence Public Schools will begin a phased approach to offering a free, public Montessori education at New York Elementary School. Click here for the Board Statement dated April 25, 2022.
Confirmation of your completed registration and further communication will be sent to your email. Be sure to check your spam folder.
- To register a NEW student, you will create a login separate from any PowerSchool parent account.
- If you have previously registered a NEW student through PowerSchool registration and have forgotten your password, enter your email address and select the "Forgot Password" link.
- If your email address is not recognized, please create a new account.
- If your student had previously attended a Lawrence Public school, and is returning to our district - you will register him/her as a new student. You will have a chance to mark them as a "previous student" in the application.
Once you have completed the online registration, email the required documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 785-596-6548
NOTE: Early childhood and Lawrence Virtual School (LVS) applicants will wait to supply the documents below until prompted during the application process. Please continue to check your email for directions.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency- Accepted forms: current utility statement - water/gas/or electric, current car registration, or a new lease agreement. If purchasing a home - the Settlement Statement from closing. (We cannot accept: phone, cable, or other miscellaneous bills or tax and mortgage statements.)
- Current Immunizations
- Health Assessment (If entering a Kansas school for the first time between the ages of 4-9, performed by a physician/health care provider and dated within one year prior to school entry.)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID To match the parent name on the birth certificate or the name on the guardianship paperwork.
- Guardianship papers If applicable.
Next, for children of families that are culturally &/or linguistically diverse, email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for your student to complete the state-mandated required screening.
2022-2023 School Information:
Elementary Supply List (Secondary schools and teachers will share requested supplies for students to bring to classes.)
110 McDonald Drive . Lawrence, KS 66044 . 785-330-1921 . firstname.lastname@example.org