New Student Registration
The links on this page are for NEW students or students who left and are now returning to the district and are not currently enrolled and attending in our district. Please note that only legal parents/guardians may register as a student. Registration Questions? Call us at 785-330-1921.
To register NEW student(s) please select the button below for the school year you would like to register your student for. Once you complete the online form, follow the directions under Step 2 of this page.
Once you have completed the online registration, email the required documents listed below to: firstname.lastname@example.org , fax them to 785-596-6548 or bring them to the Enrollment Office located at 110 McDonald Dr.
For Kindergarten families, you will take these documents to your student's school. You may call 785-330-1921 if you are unsure of your child's elementary school boundary.
Early childhood and Lawrence Virtual School (LVS) applicants will wait to supply the documents below until prompted during the application process. Please continue to check your email for directions.
- Certified Birth Certificate (For kdg and 1st grade students attending public school for the first time, you must present an original certified Birth Certificate in person.)
- Proof of Residency- Accepted forms: current utility statement - water/gas/or electric, current car registration, or a new lease agreement. If purchasing a home - the Settlement Statement from closing. (We cannot accept: phone, cable, or other miscellaneous bills or tax and mortgage statements.) If you do not have these documents in your name, contact us at 785-330-1921.
- Current Immunizations
- Health Assessment (If entering a Kansas school for the first time between the ages of 4-9, performed by a physician/health care provider and dated within one year prior to school entry.)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID To match the parent name on the birth certificate or the name on the guardianship paperwork.
- Guardianship papers If applicable.
Next, for children of families that are culturally &/or linguistically diverse, email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for your student to complete the state-mandated required screening.
Kindergarten Registration Information: Kindergarten registration for the 2024-2025 school year for children who turn 5 years old by August 31, 2024 is open. Please select the blue button above to register. Next, turn in the required documents listed under Step 2 to your school office. Once your student's registration is complete, your student's school will invite you to participate in their Kindergarten Orientation being held April 17, 2024. If you are not sure which school your student will attend, call 785-330-1921.
Interested in our Early Childhood Program? Please click here for information about the program and qualifications prior to applying above. Please complete an application for the 2024-2025 school year by selecting the blue button above.
Interested in the Lawrence Virtual School Program? Please click here for information about the program and qualifications for future applications. As of January 19, 2024 at 4:00pm, Lawrence Virtual School is no longer accepting applications for the spring semester 2023-2024. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year is now open. Please select the blue button above to start.
Montessori education at New York Elementary School: In 2022-2023, Lawrence Public Schools began a phased approach to offering a free, public Montessori education at New York Elementary School. Next fall, 2024-2025 school year, Montessori programs will include Pre-School, Kindergarten,1st grade and 2nd grades. Priority is given to students who live in the New York Elementary boundary. To complete an application, select the blue 24-25 New Student Registration button above.
For families interested in the Kdg/1st/2nd gr Montessori programs and reside outside of the New York Elementary Boundary, please submit a transfer request form for consideration. Please note that space is limited.
Elementary Supply List (Secondary schools and teachers will share requested supplies for students to bring to classes.)
110 McDonald Drive . Lawrence, KS 66044 . 785-330-1921 . firstname.lastname@example.org