Find It Fast
Next FLEX Wednesday will be February 3.
Healthy Futures Dental Clinic - Coming in March
Are you interested in joining the National Honor Society? All sophomores and juniors with a 3.5GPA (or higher) are welcome to apply. NHS recognizes student leaders in the classroom and commits to help students develop in terms of leadership, service, scholarship, and character. Member applications are available on our website: https://fsnhs.weebly.
com/2021-2022-applications. html and are due by 3:30pm on February 19th. Already a member? You may apply to be an NHS officer. Applications are available using the above link.
Local scholarship applications are now available! Local scholarship descriptions and applications will be located on the Free State website, under the Student Services tab, or by going to this website: https://www.usd497.org/Page/
A few notes about the scholarships/applications:
- Please carefully look at the description of the scholarships about the requirements and which application form to use. If the scholarship asks for a Private Application, that means you must use that specific application to apply; the general application will not be accepted.
- For scholarships that are requesting the General Application, you are welcome to apply for multiple scholarships with the same application. Just make sure the scholarship name has changed at the top of the application.
- If a scholarship application is asking for a copy of a transcript, students can request one be sent to themselves from Parchment at this website: https://www.parchment.com/u/
A detailed list of instructions is on the website and also attached here: Local Scholarship Application Directions - 2021.docx
The deadline for scholarship applications to be turned in will be February 15 at 3:30 pm. Applications can be turned in to the front office. If you need to email your completed applications, please email to me and make each application a separate document.
We will announce the winners of the scholarships in April.
Reminder that there is NO open lunch currently. Also, no deliveries. Lunch should be brought to school first thing in the morning or one will be provided by the school. Once a student leaves the building, they are not permitted to return for the rest of that day unless otherwise specified.
-We have DVDs of the 2020 graduation walk-thru. They can be picked up by the graduate or a guardian at the high school. Only one per graduate.
-Transcripts can be requested by following the link above.
-Diplomas can be picked up by the graduate or a guardian Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. Masks must be worn in the school.
Lawrence Public Schools will provide
FREE wireless devices and service to eligible students. To apply for a hotspot, Click HERE
For the Consent form, Click HERE
- As per Douglas County Health Department Guidelines, all visitors must wear masks before entering the school. We are currently open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Covid-19 Information for Students HERE
- Secondary Continuous Learning Resources
- Continuing Education Letter
- Mental Health Resources
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Do you have ATTENDANCE questions? Is your child needing to leave school early? Please note, Free State does not have an intercom system that reaches individual classrooms. Teachers are not always able to answer phone calls, or their phone is in a different area from where the class meets. Remember the caller must be Parent/Guardian. An Emergency contact can pick up, but not excuse a student. Please see that the following procedures are done when your child(ren) must be released from school.
Call: 785-330-2503 or email: email@example.com at least 2 hours prior to their departure. If you get Voicemail, please leave a message. This time window will ensure an appropriate pass is sent to the classroom.
Are they not feeling well? They should go to the Nurse in Room 206. She will contact you. It is easier to release them from school from her office and less disruptive to classrooms.
Last minute appointments are rare, but do happen. Please contact the attendance office as soon as you schedule an appointment. Teachers will not release your child from a text on their phone. They rely on the office to notify them that a student is approved to leave class.