Lawrence Parks & Recreation
As part of the LPS Wellness Program, you only pay 50% of the fee for the following activities. Simply complete the enrollment process as indicated below:
- LPRD Adult Group Fitness Classes,Adult Sports, & Any Recreational Classes! NEW!!
- Adult Sports Basketball and Volleyball teams
- Adult Annual Swim Passes
FREE pass to try a class before you enroll! Not sure a class or instructor is right for you, but would like to check it out? Drop by the Community Building (M-F 8am-5pm) at 115 West 11st and speak with June, Jessica, or Jo. Let them know what class you would like to trial and they will get you set up with a FREE pass to try out a class.
Online enrollment through LPRD is NOT an option for any of the LPS Wellness Program discounts. No reimbursements will be issued by LPRD, nor the LPS Wellness Program if you fail to enroll as directed.
Enrollment deadline: 1 week prior to the start date of the class.
Questions about eligibility or enrollment process? Contact the LPS Staff Wellness Coordinator, Jennifer Osborn, at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to registration and payment. If you register and enroll for an LPRD class and the class does not meet these qualifications as outlined above, you will NOT be eligible for the 50% payment and will be responsible for the full 100% class cost yourself. No exceptions to this rule.
Easy Payment & Enrollment for Group Fitness & Recreational Classes:
2) Fax (785-832-7938), mail or enroll in person with registration form and payment (Checks payable to LPRD; Credit cards accepted-Mastercard, Visa, Discover) at The Community Building located at 115 West 11th Street, Lawrence, KS 66044. Business hours M-F 8am-5pm.
*If registering in person, please have your LPS identification badge or your current LPS Coventry health insurance card available to show the staff when enrolling.
AQUATICS FITNESS CLASSES
Easy Payment & Enrollment for Aquatics Fitness classes, you may enroll at the Community Building or the Indoor Lawrence Aquatics Center (ILAC):
2) Registering by email: send your completed LPS Registration Form with credit card (Mastercard, Visa or Discover) information as an attachment, with “LPS aquatics registration” in the subject line, to Lisa Hughes, Aquatics Administrative Support III at LHughes@ci.lawrence.ks.us
3) Registering in person: You may go to the Community Building as indicated above. Alternatively, you may go to the ILAC at 4706 Overland Drive (west side of Lawrence Free State High School) during businses hours of 7:30-4:30am M-F and ask to see Lisa Hughes in the Administrative offices upstairs. Take your completed LPS Registration Form and payment (Checks payable to LPRD; Credit cards accepted-Mastercard, Visa, Discover). Have your LPS ID badge or current Coventry health insurance card available to show the staff when enrolling.
4) Registering by fax: As indicated above for land fitness classes.
Fitness Class Schedules:
ADULT ANNUAL SWIM PASSES
Fee is $186, so with the LPS Wellness Program 50% discount, it is only $93!
- Annual Swim passes can be purchased at any time during the school year.
- Annual swim passes are good for one year from the date of purchase. (Ex: Make purchase April 1, 2012, then the pass will expire April 1, 2013).
How to Purchase an Adult Annual Swim Pass: Swim passes are valid at Carl Knox Natatorium, Indoor Lawrence Aquatic Center, and during the summer the Outdoor Aquatic Center.
1) Go the the Indoor Lawrence Aquatic Center M-F 7:30am-4:30pm and request to see Lisa Hughes ONLY! If you are unable to make it to the ILAC during these hours, you may contact Lisa Hughes either by phone at (785) 832-7946 or via email at LHughes@ci.lawrence.ks.us to make paperwork and payment arrangements.
2) Have your LPS identification badge or current Coventry healthcare ID card available in order to recieve the discount.
BASKETBALL & VOLLEYBALL
Easy Payment & Enrollment for LPRD Basketball or Volleyball:
*It is VERY important to indicate your second choice of division AND which night/s of the week your team would be UNABLE to play, in case LPRD has to move teams or combine leagues!
2) Send a copy via interschool mail or via email to Jennifer Osborn, Staff Wellness Coordinator at email@example.com PRIOR to registering with LPRD.
3) Jennifer will approve and then you may proceed by registering with and paying LPRD.
4) You may register in person, by mail or fax. For registration, you will need payment and the completed Basketball Registration Form and Team Roster. Only a single payment -Cash, Check (made payable to LPRD) o rCredit Card (Mastercard, Visa, or Discover) for the team will be accepted.
- To register in person, go to the Community Building Monday- Friday 8:00am-6:30pm. It's located at 115 West 11th Street.
- To register by mail, send your registration and roster form to:Community Building, Attn: Bob Stanclift, 115 West 11th Street, Lawrence, KS 66044. If paying by credit card, for security reasons, they request that you attach a note on the form with a phone # of the team manager who can be contacted to give their CC information to them via telephone.
- To register by fax, fax your registration and roster form to: The Community Building, fax # (785) 832-7929 For security reasons, they request that the team manager call them (832-7920) and give credit card information via telephone, instead of faxing that information.