THE BROKEN ARROW COMMUNITY,
WHERE EVERYONE IS BOTH A TEACHER
AND A LEARNER!
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Broken Arrow Elementary website.
Check out Photo Gallery for Broken Arrow summer construction photos.
2016-2017 School Hours - Regular Schedule will be 8:00 am-3:05 pm and Wednesday Early Dismissal Schedule will be 8:00 am-1:35 pm.
Please click on highlighted areas to connect to links with additional information.
2016-2017 Parent/Student Calendar - Revised 7/11/16
- The Lawrence Board of Education and Lawrence Education Association agreed to calendar changes for the 2016-2017 school year to provide additional planning time. (Located on the District's Home Page under Shortcuts)
Enrolling Your New Student
- Families may start the enrollment process for new students online from any computer or visit the Enrollment Center, 110 McDonald Drive. The Enrollment Center welcomes walk-ins during weekdays, 7:30 am-4:30 pm, except holidays. Please bring current immunization record, original birth certificate, contact information for previous school, proof of residency (contract, lease agreement or current utility bill) and a health physical (if entering a Kansas school for the first time and between the ages of 5-9). Please contact the Enrollment Center at (785) 330-1921
Children that turn 5 on or before August 31, 2016, and whose parents/legal guardians live in our attendance area, are eligible to attend Kindergarten.
2017-2018 Kindergarten Roundup
- Children that turn 5 on or before August 31, 2017, and whose parents/legal guardians live in our attendance area, are eligible to attend Kindergarten at Broken Arrow for the 2017-2018 school year. Please contact the school office to add your child's name to our Kindergarten Roundup list and to receive additional information about our April 28 Kindergarten Roundup sessions. For information on how to complete online registration before Roundup go to For Parents-Newsletters-March 2017 Newsletter-Kindergarten Roundup Letter from ESDC.
Family Access to School Technology
- As part of the district's Equity Goal relating to access to technology at school and home, the district is now offering ALL students and their parents Family Access to School Technology (FAST) at two middle school locations, LMCMS and SMS, on designated evenings.
USD 497 Inclement Weather Procedures
- The Inclement Weather Procedures flyer contains answers to the following questions: When will school schedule changes be announced? Who makes the decision? How do I find out about schedule changes? How is a two-hour delayed start managed? Who's on duty when schools are closed? What happens if the weather worsens during the school day? What cold weather provisions are made for elementary recess?